Friday 5 July 2013

Sausage, courgette and aubergine tray bake

I love coking and I'm a 'throw it all in one pan' type of person so tray bake are my favourite things to make. They are versatile and simple and with a few changes here and there the combinations and tastes are unlimited...in fact I'm not sure I've ever made exactly the same thing twice!

I have no pictures I'm afraid but its still easy to follow. Here's  what we had last night...

Ingredients

3 medium sized potatoes (washed) cut into wedges.
1 aubergine (sliced)
1 courgette (sliced and then quarted)
1 onion (chopped or cut into quarters - I personally like to see the onions)
Handful of chery tomatoes
Handful of spinach
1 carton of passata (the one i used was 500g)
some basil, salt, pepper and olive oil for seasoning.
4 Sausages (any type you want, we have to have gluten-free)
 1 glove of garlic (crushed)
2 rashers of smokey bacon (cut into small pieces)

This looks like alot of ingredients and you don't have to use them all...or you can add more, for example, chorizo or different veg, Aurelia loves peas and sweetcorn so I often throw them in.

What to do 

Firstly, put the onion wedges into the tray (I used great big metal trays) sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast for 20-25 mins because they cook much slower than the rest of the ingredients. Then add the sausages (chopped or whole your choice) and cook for another 10mins.

Take it out of the oven add  everything else except the aubergine, basil and passata. and mix it together. Layer the aubergine on top and then pour the passata over everything, sprinkle some basil and more seasoning if you feel like it needs it and bake at 180 for another 30mins, you made need to cover with some foil to stop the aubergine from burning.

When its nearly done my husband likes to add cheese to the top but that not really my thing and Enjoy!

If you don't have passata in you can use a tin of chopped tomatoes or a jar of pasta sauce from the supermarket.

Emma.xx



 



No comments:

Post a Comment